Accessories

Inflatable Awnings

Total Posts: 2
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
I was most impressed by the advances being made in the Awnings being offered at the Caravan and Camping Show recently, in particular the inflatable Outdoor Revolution. Has anyone any experience in owning and using this type of Awning? it looks so simple to erect!!
Total Posts: 45
Posted: 5 years ago
I've spoken to a few people who have the Kampa inflatable and they were very happy. Apparently, they're flexible but stable in windy conditions and very easy and quick to erect. Still need pegging out of course,
Total Posts: 169
Posted: 4 years ago
i bought a vango airbeam at the nec caravan show, delivered about a month later, used it on our last outing and it went up without any trouble, or arguments. only problem was, there were no instructions, until we found them stitched to the inside of the bag, then one of the cross members sprung a leak which i was unable to fix, so phoned head office and had a new inner, tubing, on my mat when we got home. so they have a good service as well. thoroughly recommend them.
Total Posts: 1
I brought a Kampa Rally Air Pro 260 from the show in Sept 2013 received in March 2014 first used for 6 days at easter great easy to erect no trouble used it again Whitsun for 5 days and it leaked like a sieve (it was wetter in than out) on the 2 occasions when it rained we know of 2 similar cases. The dealer took our complaints and it was sent back to Kampa (along with one other from a different dealer) both of us are awaiting answers from Kampa and dealer. Will keep you posted on out come.
Total Posts: 190
Was it the fabric that leaked or on the blow up sections?
Total Posts: 169
hi ian, it was the blow op section. it was leaking on the piece which holds the valve in. the fabric is a strengthening fabric which stiffens the structure. a very simple idea but it works
Total Posts: 314
Had my Kampa Rally Air 260 up for 9 weeks now & its a top awning, had no leaks & we had some bad weather the 5th week!! haven't had to top up air poles at all, would not go back to any other awning now.
As we live in our caravan we have the awning on the backside (not door side) as a store/drying/space & a Isabella shadow sun canopy on the door side for summer, in the winter we are getting another Kampa Rally Air 260 for the door side!
That's how good it is.
My new baby
Total Posts: 51
Awaiting the new Kampa rally air models coming in November for my motorhome (as 2014 ones have sold out already ) so thinks I shall have to be quick of the mark