See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Accessories

Another awning question..

Total Posts: 45
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
If you're caravan is on a slope, how do you erect your awning?
Total Posts: 228
Awning sizes are from ground to ground running from back to front or front to back so it does'nt matter if your caravan is sloping or not the measurement will always be the same, the problem that arises when your caravan is sloping (depending on which way) is that the roof will be down on one end, either down on the front if your van is high at the front or down on the back if your van is high at the back, not very nice to look at but you should still be able to put it up.
Total Posts: 190
Take a look at

http://www.caravanownersclub.co.uk/PublicProfiles/Solutionawning

They have a nice little gadget that will fill any gap.
Posted: 5 years ago
what gap? if the awning was sized correctly to the caravan it will fit with NO gaps
Total Posts: 45
Not if it's on a slope, the sizing measurement is taken with the van on level ground.
Verified
As I said awning size is from ground to ground, if the front is up by say 12" then obviously the back will be down by 12", common sense so no gaps
Total Posts: 270
Yep, awning measurements are from ground below the end of the rail to the same at the opposite end doesn't matter how the land slopes. In reality you'd just move the awning round the rail further to level it back up or it would look a rather strange shape though I have seen these dozy lookers on sites. Alternatively look on t'internet for awning measurements or even try the bradcote site, they have a guide for most vans.. Ozz..
Total Posts: 122
Hi one and all the theory that you just move your awning further in the awning is great in principle but what if you are on a site that is 3/4 feet differance front to back.I stayed on a site in Cornwall where I had to use my wheel levelers and two house bricks under the the fully extended nose wheel to get the bubble in the level just within the outer ring. my rear window fitted fly net and roll up cover would of been on the rear awning roof postion where your rear roof support goes. fortunely the sight owner moved me to a level pitch once all the week end crowd had gone home as I and my beloved had booked in for the full fortnight. He even gave us the weekend @ half price I didn,t argue because there was no extra cost for the awning anyway and he provided a board with vertical legs to put the water barrel on. Dorema Castleford Yorkshire recommend you purchase an awning next size up to contend with uneven ground pitches as there are usually only about 40 to 60 cms between sizes. They are offering brand new last year unsold models up to 40% off list price
Ground to ground measurement for the awning does not take into account that you will be lifting the caravan wheels clear of the ground (the wheels should still be on the deck) if you lift the wheels off the deck then depending on high you lift them will depend on what size awning you get but hey guess what happens when you put that awning up when the wheels are back on the ground it will be as loose and wrinkly as Nora Batties stockings.
Also manufacturers have a 25 centimeter range difference (10 inches in old money)between the smaller and the higher size for each size of awning ie an awning size ranges from 975 - 1000 cm now then for my two peneth, if say my caravan measures ground to ground 990 cm I would get the above awning, if however my caravan measured 1000cm I would get the next size awning upwards, yes the 975 - 1000 awning would fit but at the larger ground to ground measurement the plastic skirt around the bottom of the awning would just be touching the ground, not a very good idea!
My new baby
Total Posts: 51
Been trying to get this awning for my motorhome, but everywhere seems to be out of stock AHAHAH

Attached Photos: (Click to enlarge)

Total Posts: 127
Hi have you tried Black Country Awnings
http://www.blackcountryawnings.co.uk
My new baby
Total Posts: 51
Thank you for the info but they deal mostly with caravans than motor homes on internet but will give them a ring though
Total Posts: 127
Hi Tony the web site shows the motorhome awnings but I am not sure about there stock as it is end of the season and most awning suppliers don't get there new stock until after Christmas.
http://www.blackcountryawnings.co.uk/porch-awnings/kampa/motor-rally-air-260.aspx

Chris