Accessories

what size caravan cover?

Total Posts: 4
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 5 years ago
our van is an Avondale 566/6 and measures 19.2ft excl aframe - should we buy 17-19ft or 19-21ft cover? Thanks
Total Posts: 190
I would go for the tightest fit possible as you do not want wind to be able to get in allowing the cover to 'flap'. A ill fitting cover can cause a lot of damage to a van!
Thank you
Hi, having just fitted a cover I would say not too tight a fit, most come within a size range anyway and you may not be able to get an exact size.
Can I add, I read a lot of blogs on how to fit one and most saying how difficult it was and the instruction sheet with it was less than helpfull.
I had the cover, a 21' van and my wife who is not tall and a broken arm.
I figured out which was the front and got the whole thing on the roof and slowly pulled it out to the corners. Now it's on I will mark the front and back with big letters in marker and attach ropes to each corner, this will make it a lot easier next year, but yo do need a step ladder. I would liken the actions to the same as fitting a fitted bed sheet.
Total Posts: 122
Posted: 4 years ago
HI Billy did you buy one with a door opening to allow access when covered to check for sweating if so this would surely tell you which is the front and the back did you use two cloths props or timber battens to fit the cover lastly did you cover your caravan windows and roof lights with cling film to stop the cover scratching same as the cover can pick up grit from the van or ground when fitting I know to my cost.