See All Leaderboard
Monthly Prize Monthly Prize
Yearly Prize Yearly Prize

Accessories

Try this sat nav test

Total Posts: 228
Please correct the mistakes below:
Posted: 6 years ago
Here's a test for anyones sat nav input a route from Derby to Walton on Trent and post the route on here if it takes you over the Severn via a bridge just north of Walton.
Posted: 6 years ago
Ahhh!!!! this hot weather is getting to me, should have said if it takes you over the Trent not the Severn
Total Posts: 102
Posted: 5 years ago
First of all it is a route to test YOUR sat nav not mine I already know how to get there, the test is when towing your caravan so please inform me, if your sat nav
shows the same route as indicated by Oldgirl then say so. Oldgirl does your sat nav show the route you have stated in your reply or would you follow the route
you indicated?
Total Posts: 102
rcpilot. We always check the route given by our satnav against the map before we start just in case it throws up narrow roads or low bridges. Or, in your case a bridge that is not suitable for a caravan.
Whats the use in buying a sat nav then if you check the route given by your sat nav against a map why not just use the map , as someone who likes to save
the pennies saves the expense in buying a sat nav. A sat nav that is caravan friendly should take you on roads that are suitable for your outfit, as I said before
if it dose'nt then it is not fit for purpose, a case for trading standards. I have not yet come across a road map that actually gives the width of roads on it except
for large scale ones and those are usually 1.5 miles to the inch which means that to cover the uk they would be incredibly thick and the pages very large.
Ahhh!!!! I now see why you use a map oldgirl with your Tom Tom VIA 135 because its' NOT a caravan friendly sat nav
and that is why the distances on the routes shown by your Tom Tom are shorter because it does not take into
consideration the size of your car and caravan mine does.
Oh and reports about the new Tom Tom Truckmate and caravan friendly sat navs are not very favorable
compared to the market LEADER Snooper.
As I said whats the use of using a map if you already have a sat nav for the very reason above, the old saying
"why have a dog and bark yourself" springs to mind.
Total Posts: 2
help can't read this