Outdoors, Historical, Attraction, Eatery, Leisure
Telephone: 01568 615721
Country House and Parkland
Photos & Description
Disabled Access, Parking Available, Free Parking, Tea Room, Guided Tours, Shop, Refreshments, Cafe Facility, Childrens Play Area, Baby Changing, Children Friendly, Dog Friendly, Information Available
Created as the perfect house in the perfect setting, Berrington has many secrets to uncover. Here in one of Henry Holland's first houses, you can explore the family rooms and walk in the servants' footsteps down the back stairs, moving around the house unseen by the family and guests. You will find out what happened to William Kemp, Lord Cawley's butler, and discover the anguish of a grieving mother during the First World War and why not join a below-stairs tour to see if you would have liked being a servant at Berrington?
• Take a walk through one of Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown’s final landscapes on one of our 3 way marked estate walks. • Relax in the gardens, including our traditional Herefordshire orchard. The vegetable garden will be extended again for next year so even more produce to see. • Take the kids for a walk and get back to nature, building a den or playing in our woodland play area. • Last year the proceeds from our raffle helped us to reconnect the water supply to our laundry, why not stop by and see what life was like before the washing machine? • See if you can join one of our architecture, garden or below stairs tours for that extra insight into life here at Berrington.
Making the most of your day
• Join one of the introductory talks for a light-hearted and brief history of the house and the families who have made it their home.
• For our younger visitors there is plenty to do, including a trail around the house and during school holidays there will be trails in the garden too.
• You may enjoy seeing some of the Wade costume collection that’s on display in one of the bed rooms. • Run off some energy and have a go at building your own den in our woodland natural play area. • Take home a gift from our shop – new products are added from our locally-produced range regularly.
Even when it’s wet…… • The house is full of stories and plenty to see below stairs. • Visit the Servants’’ Hall Tea-room and enjoy simple, home-cooked seasonal food made using fresh produce from our walled garden.
Garden Size: 11.5 Acres
Location & Local Information
Availability & Prices
No reviews yet
- Berrington Hall & Gardens
- Telephone: 01568 615721
- Address: Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 0DW
- Website: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/berrington-hall